Club line dances in Ontario’s $10 billion entertainment district will be banned

Toronto is set to ban all dance clubs from the $10-billion entertainment district, which opened last year and was supposed to bring new businesses and entertainment options to the city.article Sports Minister Maryam Monsef says the government will consider all options, including a ban, to ensure that the entertainment district is a safe place for people of all ages and backgrounds to come to enjoy their entertainment.article Last year, Monsey announced that a ban on club line dancing in the entertainment area was a priority for her government, but it took until October to finalize the details.

The decision was made partly to allow the city to assess the impact of the ban on a citywide scale.

Monsef said in a statement Thursday that she has been in touch with city officials, and the ban will be implemented soon.

“We will not be able to provide the services that we need to be successful in the new year,” she said.

“While the city has taken the right action to ban club dancing in a significant area of downtown Toronto, I am determined to continue working with the city on the important issue of the safety of people and places in our entertainment district.”

Monsey said the city is looking at other options to mitigate the impact, such as creating more walkways and better signage to make it easier for people to navigate.

Toronto’s Entertainment District, located in the city’s west end, opened to the public in September and is expected to have a capacity of more than 150,000 people.

The area’s first nightclubs opened last month and are set to open in March.

Related Post